Flea & Tick Protection
Bayside Animal Medical Center carries the following flea & tick protection products that are recommended by our doctors:
Shop Online Now
BRAVECTO, from Merck, is an oral chew that provides up to 12 weeks of protection against fleas and ticks. One chew provides broad-spectrum and long-lasting protection that starts to kill fleas within 2 hours and controls 4 tick species (black-legged tick, American dog tick, brown dog tick, and lone star tick). Bravecto eliminates current flea infestations and prevents new ones from developing for 12 weeks.
- 100% efficacy against fleas within 24 hours for 12 weeks
- Rapid onset and speed of kill ensure quick relief to infested dogs
- Provides long-lasting, consistent flea and tick control—both in duration and efficacy
- The favorable taste of a BRAVECTO chew enables dog owners to administer with ease
- Approved for use in adult dogs, including breeding, pregnant, and lactating dogs
Bayside and Merck provides it’s customers with Bravecto rebates up to $35.
EFFIPRO® Plus Topical Solution for Dogs provides convenient, quick-acting, long-lasting, effective control of fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and chewing lice. EFFIPRO® Plus for Dogs contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) Pyriproxyfen. EFFIPRO® Plus for Dogs effectively targets all stages of fleas. EFFIPRO® Plus is the generic equivalent of FRONTLINE® Plus.
- Comparable to FRONTLINE® Plus.
- Stops and prevents infestations and re-infestations
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae
- Kills fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of Deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and Lone Star ticks
- Aids in control of sarcoptic mange infestations
- Kills all stages of fleas, ticks, and chewing lice for up to one month
Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity against fleas, ticks and chewing lice. EFFIPRO® Plus Topical Solution for Dogs is effective after bathing, shampooing, water immersion, or sunlight exposure. For dogs 8 weeks and older.
Shop Online Now
EFFIPRO® Plus Topical Solution for Cats provides convenient, quick-acting, long-lasting, effective control of fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and chewing lice. EFFIPRO® Plus for cats is the generic equivalent of FRONTLINE® Top Spot®. For cats 8 weeks and older.
Benefits of EFFIPRO® Plus for Cats:
- Comparable to FRONTLINE® Top Spot® against fleas
- Rapidly stops existing infestations of fleas, ticks, and chewing lice
- Kills all stages of fleas, including adults, larvae, and eggs
- Helps prevent flea allergy dermatitis
- Fast-acting, long-lasting, and waterproof
- Helps prevents lyme disease by keeping ticks away
- Prevents future infestations from occurring
- Kills all stages of fleas, ticks and chewing lice for up to one month
Shop Online Now
EFFITIX® Plus Topical Solution for Dogs is a topical that kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, and aids in the control of sarcoptic mites. It should be applied once monthly as it has persistent efficacy through 30 days. EFFITIX® Plus Topical Solution for Dogs contains the active ingredients fipronil, permethrin, and pyriproxyfen which control infestations of fleas (including flea eggs, maggot-like flea larvea and pupae), ticks and lice; repel against biting flies, and repel and kill mosquitoes. Quick-drying, non-greasy, EFFITIX PlusTopical Solution for Dogs remains effective after bathing, shampooing, water immersion or sunlight exposure. For easy and convenient application, EFFITIX PLUS Topical Solution for Dogs is available for puppies and dogs 8 weeks old or older and in 5 dose sizes for dogs from 5 to 132 lbs. EFFITIX® Plus is a generic equivalent of Parastar Plus.
- Generic equivalent of Parastar Plus – same protection, better price
- Trusted killing action of fipronil
- Vital repellency action of permethrin
- Rapid speed of kill for fleas and ticks that starts working on contact
- Protection that lasts up to 1 month
- Waterproof protection
Warning: Do not use on cats. For use only on dogs 8 weeks old or older.